This page will continue to grow .. check back soon
Be sure to check out these ORGANIZATIONS
Natural History Education and Volunteerism
- The Clifton Institute
- Virginia Master Naturalist
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy
- Audubon Naturalist Society
Ornithology – Education, Volunteerism and Habitat Restoration
Habitat Conservation, Education, Research
- Virginia Native Plant Society
- Virginia Working Landscapes
- Virginia Conservation Assistance Program (VCAP)
- Blue Ridge PRISM – (Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management)
- JK Black Oak Wildlife Sanctuary
Reading – Why Native Plants ?
- HOMEGROWN National Park – Start a new Habitat
- Plant Virginia Natives
- Bringing Nature Home
Piedmont Prairie Education and Research Topics
- What is a Meadow? by Susan Abraham, February 2019
- Recommended Species for Meadow Plantings in Northern Virginia
- Virginia Working Landscapes – Field Management Guidelines
- What is a Northern Piedmont Prairie? – Executive Director Bert Harris of The Clifton Institute presents the initial results from our surveys of native grasslands this summer (2020).
Where to buy native plants?
- Watermark Woods
- Hill House Farm and Nursery
- Earth Sangha Wild Plant Nursery – this is my favorite place to buy plants, they are very knowledgeable and their mission is outstanding. It is well worth the drive. May I suggest taking a truck there!
- Ernst Conservation Seeds
Invasive Plant Management
Recommended Apps to Download on your Cell Phone
- iNaturalist – free
- Seek – free
- Merlin (birds) – free
- Flora of Virginia – cost, but worth it if you really want to have a plant resource at your finger tips.